Thursday, December 30, 2004

Salutations!

I guess the first thing in order is an introduction! I am 33 years old, married to my wonderful husband Kurt, the mother of one, and soon to be the mother of two. I'm expecting our baby in just a couple of weeks--I'm due January 31st.

I've always wanted to learn to knit but had a few false starts. I think the idea of being able to knit things for my baby really gave me the push I needed to finally give it a serious try.

This is my first entry on my knitting blog. I plan on talking about knitting, and maybe sharing my day talking about other non-knitting things :) I've only been knitting a couple months. I've made several scarves, the bucket hat from ChicKnits


(you can order the pattern here) and a beanie, but this week I finally made my first knitted baby item. I made the baby booties from Erica Knight's "simple knits for cherished babies". Everything in the book is adorable. I checked it out from the library the other day. With the holidays and all I wasn't expecting to find any good knitting books left on the shelves. I decided I want to buy my own copy. Anyway, I learned how to pick up stitches making the booties. It took me just one evening to complete; I think they came out pretty well. They are so tiny!

What a wet, cold, yucky day. It started off dry and looked like it might be a nice day. Then the rain snuck up right after lunch and it's been raining ever since. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere. We stayed in and made a yummy seared salmon and sauteed spinach dinner.

Today was my last day of work--I start maternity leave after the holiday weekend. I'm at 8 months and I feel like the baby's ready to come home any day now. But it could happen tomorrow, or 2-3 weeks from now. Who knows, babies are on their own agenda!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home