Monday, March 20, 2006

it's in the water...

There are so many babies on their way this year! I have 3 friends who are pregnant right now, and 2 of them I already know are having girls. One of them is still to early to know. I want to make baby blankets and maybe a hat for each (so ambitious for someone with a one-year-old!). This weekend I did some yarn shopping for the first blanket. I normally don't like using acrylic yarn, but the blanket needs to be easy to care for, and nothing beats being able to throw it in the washer and dryer without worrying about the blanket felting! So I bought 3 skeins of TLC Baby (acrylic yarn) in Powder Pink. I love the blanket my girlfriend's mom made for my youngest, so I went online and found a baby blanket pattern that looks just like the one she made for me. I started it over the weekend and have just about 3 rows done, 150 more to go -- haha! This will be my first attempt at crochet. Reading the pattern doesn't seem to hard, but then again it seems like a simpler pattern than most.

What else did I do this weekend, other than yarn shopping? Window shopping at Santana Row! We spent a few hours at Santana Row which is this great outdoor shopping center just around the corner from us. We had amazing weather on Sunday and it was perfect for walking around outside. We had lunch at Straits Cafe and the food was delicious. I had the lobster pad thai; Kurt had this ginger/garlic salmon dish that was baked in a banana leaf. Yummy! After lunch we walked down to Ben & Jerry's and the little one got to try his first taste of ice cream. He loved it :)

Well at least we got to soak up as much sunshine as we could over the weekend, because now it's raining like crazy. It was coming down pretty hard today, and there was even thunder and lightening. It's the kind of weather that makes you just want to stay inside all day and hibernate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home