Thursday, March 30, 2006

A wrap for me, a baby blanket, and a new cookbook







I've been working on a wrap/scarf for myself. I'm using this beautiful yarn I bought at Stitches West. I love the colors! It's taking me awhile to finish it, but the way the weather's been lately it'll still be cold enough to wear it by the time I'm done.

I'm also making good progress on the baby blanket. It's about 4-5 inches long! The baby it's for is due in May.

I picked up a new cookbook on Amazon called "A Flash in the Pan". I have so many cookbooks, but this is my new favorite. I've already marked a few pages but almost every recipe in the book is a winner, and the best part is all the meals can be made in just one pan. Less to clean up. This week I tried the Summer Chicken with Tomato Caper Coulis, and this Thai chicken stir fry--the recipe called for lemongrass, ginger, and cilantro. Both dishes came out pretty good. It's so nice to try something new...it was getting boring making the same thing every week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home