Sunday, January 27, 2008

Gift for my niece: Japanese Craft Book and Cute Box Bag filled with goodies


Gift for Lexi
Originally uploaded by purlyshells
For my niece's birthday I put together this gift package. I got her a japanese craft book full of great projects and filled this cute bag with goodies.

Some of the goodies were a strawberry-flavored ring pop, a box of nestle crunch candy stixx, a 3-pack of ferraro rocher chocolates, 2 miniature rolls of ribbon, and some plastic "jewels". I'm sure she's going to make something lovely with the ribbon and jewels. She loves crafting just as much as I do!

I sewed the bag last night and loved how it turned out. The fabric is from superbuzzy. The pattern is from dragoknitfly's Box Bag Tutorial but with a few modifications.

I used a technique from this blog and cut out 1.5" squares from the corners. It really helps to keep the corners even and straight.

I also made my own modification by sewing the lining separately, putting it inside the bag, and handstitching it in place. No messy seams in sight! I will post pictures of how I did this in another post.

Her birthday is on Tuesday. I can't wait for her to open her gift!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1/28/2008 3:52 PM, Blogger Wendy McConnell said...

I love your box bag! It's sooo cute! You always find the cutest fabric patterns....

 
At 11/11/2008 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home