Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I've been Tagged: 6 Secrets About Myself

I belong to a group called Etsy Bloggers and was tagged by Girl with a... to talk about 6 secrets about myself. I'm afraid I don't have any juicy, tabloid secrets to share but here goes!

1. I'm addicted to my "i-Things"

I have almost 30 gigs of music on my iPod. And in my free time, if I'm not listening to music on my iPod, I'm checking email or surfing the web on my iPhone.

2. I'm terribly shy

People that know me would probably be surprised to hear that because I really work hard to seem confident and outgoing. In reality, I often feel very self-conscious and awkward around people. My husband on the other hand, is very comfortable around people. He can strike up a conversation with ease, with anyone in almost any situation. I wish it came that easy for me.

3. I love paper

I used to have a stationery collection when I was in elementary school, and I've always collected books. I have some really nice leather-bound copies from my favorite authors such as Charles Dickens, Somerset Maugham, Robert Frost, and Edgar Allen Poe.

4. I'm a design geek

I love good design. My favorite thing to do lately is look at beautiful fabric, typography, stationary, or illustrations in my flickr stream or in my fellow EtsyBloggers shops :)

5. I think I'm too nice sometimes

I often do things even if i really don't have the time or don't want to, because I don't want to disappoint or hurt anyone's feelings. Sometimes I find I end up taking on too much. I am learning to push back and take on only what I'm really able to do. I think trying to find a good life balance is important.

6. I love 80s music
Maybe I'm just being nostalgic over the songs I grew up with, who knows, but I love the music from that era all the way from New Edition to The Cure. Speaking of which, the 50 First Dates soundtrack has some cool 80s covers! One of the cover songs is a remake of "Friday, I'm in Love" -- one of my favorite songs from The Cure.

Now here's who I tag (I hope I did this right)!
Tilt Creations
JT Stitches
Down the Street Creations
The Spotted Sparrow
Curly Monkey

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10/02/2008 9:06 AM, Blogger TiLT said...

Hmmm...number 5 & 6 : ditto...Iwon't steal these secrets for my 6 :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home