Wednesday, February 20, 2008

You've just finished your dream home, what are you going to do now?



For almost a year my husband has been hard at work remodeling our home. Actually, I wouldn't exactly call it a remodel. When I hear "remodel", I think of putting in a new floor or maybe tearing down a wall to open up a room. We tore down almost the entire house (except for one wall) and rebuilt it from the ground up. We had to move out during the project and have been living in an apartment about 5 minutes away from the house.

It was a lot of hard work and we didn't see much of each other, which is tough on the kids. Many of our friends who survived a remodel, warned us it would be tough on the marriage too. My husband and I would work all day during our day job. Then come evening, he would head to the house and work there until midnight. I would pick the kids up from school, get them situated with dinner, homework, baths, and then get them to bed. Sometimes I'd still be up when he got home and we'd talk for a bit before we both went to sleep. But many times I'd already be asleep and he'd be up at the crack of dawn to start the next day. Sometimes it would be days before we'd catch a glimpse of each other! But 9 months later we're finally finished and we're moving back in this week. I feel like we just won the Superbowl :) and if some unseen reporter were to say "You've just finished your dream home, what are you going to do now?" Why, I'd tell them, "We're going home!"

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3/09/2008 8:02 PM, Blogger A Keeper's Jackpot said...

Wow! *lifts jaw off floor*

Amazing! Congrats and welcome home :)

 
At 3/10/2008 11:20 AM, Blogger Buffy K. said...

thanks so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home