Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy 100th blog post

When I opened my blog today, I realized my last entry was my 100th blog post! I'm sure others have reached that count in much less time hehe. But I'm still proud!

Way back when I started this blog in December 2004 it was a place to talk about my then new-found knitting addiction. And now it's evolved into a place where I can talk about crafting and my life in general.

I had always kept a journal of some sort from 7th grade all the way through my early 20's. I loved collecting those blank unlined books and filling them up with words. I would record good and bad memories, my feelings, lyrics to my favorite songs, and corny poems *cringe* that I hope no one ever has to read. I wrote in it pretty much every day. It was a running joke with my friends...if they couldn't remember quite how something happened (i.e., "When did we get together again??") they'd ask me to look it up in my journal entry for that date. In the back of my mind I've always sort of regretted not continuing to write. So here I am a decade later and this blog has allowed me to come back to it.

In honor of my 100th post, I've decided to compile a list of milestones in my life (not in chronological order):

*having my first child
*watching him ride a bike for the first time
*having my second child
*celebrating his 3rd birthday (and thinking that it's going by too fast...)
*holding each of my children for the first time
*marrying the love of my life
*celebrating our first wedding anniversary (and then the next 3)
*recording a record/album
*singing in front of 37,000 people
*earning my CCNA
*making my first sale on etsy
*celebrating my husband's 40th birthday with him
*buying a house
*finishing our remodel and moving into our beautiful new home that we worked so hard for

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" -- here's to more of those!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home